The addition of references is done under the Collect tab.
Direct Import : references are imported directly from a database.
- In the database, choose EndNote Web as the destination. The references will be saved in your library under the folder [Unfiled].
Indirect Import : references are saved in a file from the database and this file is then imported into EndNote Web.
- In EndNote Web, go to the Collect tab and click on Import References
- Choose the file containing your references from the Browse button
- Select the appropriate import filter according to the database used
- Choose the destination folder
- Click on Import
The information required varies depending on the type of document, see the Bibliographic style for HEC Montréal tab in the EndNote 20 - reference management tool guide for further information.
In the Collect tab, click on New Reference :
- Choose the type of reference in the drop-down menu Reference Type
- Enter the information in the appropriate fields, respecting the writing rules.
- Click on Save to save your reference.
Connect to a library catalog to locate references and import them into EndNote Web.
- Under the Collect tab, click on Online Search
- In the drop-down menu choose HEC Montréal
- Click on Connect
- Enter the query in the Online Search page
- Click on Search
- Check the references to add to the library
- Choose the group in which to add the references in the drop-down menu Add to group...