This feature allows you to share an entire library (references, groups and attachments) by inviting up to 400 people via email. They do not need to be members of the HEC community.
The person sharing their library as well as all guests must have an EndNote Web account.
Share your library
You must synchronize your library with EndNote Web before sharing it.
- Open the library in EndNote
- Click on menu Library > Sync OR Sync Status.
- Wait until the synchronization is complete before proceeding.
- Click on menu File > Share
- Enter email address(es) *separated by commas if more than one
- Determine permissions in the drop-down menu (Read & write or Read Only)
- Click on Invite, the person(s) will receive an email invitation.
Click on Share Library at any time to view your guest list, invite or remove a colleague.
Access a library shared by someone else
- Click Accept in the email invitation you receive.
- On the web page that opens, log in to your EndNote Online account, a confirmation message will appear
- In EndNote, open this library by going to File > Open Shared Library
- Select the library to be opened, represented by the email address of the person inviting you.
- You will be able to add, edit and remove any information from this library.
Note, however, that you will not be able to access this library in EndNote Online or on an iPad.
You can only share one library.
Remove people with whom you no longer wish to share your library
- Go to the File > Share menu to remove or add people who share your library.